Leaders from 24 U.S. agribusinesses and trade organizations will explore opportunities to expand their agricultural exports and further develop their business relationships in Brazil during a Sept. 25-29 trade mission to São Paulo and Recife.
“Brazil holds significant untapped market potential for U.S. exporters,” said Mark Slupek, deputy administrator of the Office of Trade Programs for USDA’s Foreign Agricultural Service. “The country’s growing population and rising per-capita income, coupled with the fact that Brazilian consumers have a high regard for U.S. products and brands, make this a market well worth exploring for American exporters.”
Last year, Brazil purchased nearly $1.4 billion in agricultural and related products from the United States. Top U.S. exports to Brazil in 2016 included ethanol, wheat, prepared foods and dairy products.
“When individuals and companies want to start exporting to a particular market, they often don’t know how and where to begin,” Slupek said. “USDA trade missions give them an opportunity to learn in-person about local markets, to build relationships with prospective customers face-to-face and to promote high-quality, U.S. produced agricultural products.”
The delegation traveling to Brazil represents a range of U.S. products, from prepared foods and specialty food ingredients to bulk commodities and ethanol.
Participating U.S. organizations and companies:
- 7 Seas Group USA, Plano, Texas
- Alltech Inc., Nicholasville, Ky.
- American Coalition for Ethanol, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Blue Diamond Growers, Sacramento, Calif.
- CHS Inc., Inver Grove Heights, Minn.
- Commercial Creamery Co., Spokane, Wash.
- Dayou USA Trade Co., Inc., Sandown, N.H.
- E Energy Adams, LLC, Adams, Neb.
- Green Plains, Inc., Omaha, Neb.
- Growth Energy, Washington, D.C.
- Interfor Corporation, Swainsboro, Ga.
- Lakeview Energy, Chicago, Ill.
- Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc., Lakeville-Middleboro, Mass.
- Provisions International, Miramar, Fla.
- Reliance Agro, Missouri, Texas
- Renewable Fuels Association, Washington, D.C.
- That Crazy Bee Guy, Springfield, Ohio
- United Dairymen of Arizona, Tempe, Ariz.
- United Global Enterprises, LLC, Marietta, Ga.
- USA Rice Federation, Arlington, Va.
- U.S. Grains Council, Washington, D.C.
- Wigglesworth Grains International, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- World Farmers, Lancaster, Mass.
- Zafi Beverages & Oils Technologies, Inc., Bensenville, Ill.